Honored to be invited to present our Eyesonhives project to the Central Valley Beekeepers Association “Day for Beekeepers” meetup!
The event will be hosted in Dadant’s Fresno location. Event details:
- Time: Saturday Feb 18th, 2017. Eating starts 11:30am. Speakers start 1:30pm
- Location: Dadant & Sons Beekeeping Supply Co.
- Address: 3914 N. Winery Fresno CA 93727
- Phone: (559) 495-0230
My talk is titled “Eyesonhives: Citizen Science powering a Health Monitor for Honey Bees”. My goal is to make this a short and exciting presentation, practicing for a future TED talk format. I’ll happily answer questions afterwards.
I’ll be talking about
- How a 40+ year old beekeeping trick inspired a state of the art technology breakthrough for beehive monitoring.
- The exciting implications of detecting the Orientation Signal as a bee health pattern.
- Interesting bee behavior patterns such as the swarming signal.
- How mindful individual beekeepers are helping classify the eyesonhives dataset and contribute to helping bees.
In case you missed it -- here’s a quick introductory video:
Exciting Line up of Speakers at the Day for Beekeepers
I’m excited to be joining speakers from many highly regarded organizations and advocates for bee health including:
- The American Bee Federation
- Project Apis m.
- The Environmental Protection Agency
- The Department of Pesticide Regulation
- The California Almond Board.
Anticipating some very interesting talks, try to join us if you can!